Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Review: YSL Matt Touch Primer & Guerlain Lipstick

The day after I bought my YSL Matt Touch Primer, I was so excited to use it because I will be out the whole day, with the BF, and I hopefully will not have the problem of being oily since the primer is a matt primer. This is the last stock they have and I got it for only PHP900 while at retail price, it would cost around PHP2500. I checked online and it's being sold at $45 which is around PHP1800. Shipping and other costs would sum up to around PHP2500. Wild guess.
 

 
I was actually quite skeptical about buying this because there was no tester or sample. The sales lady said that this is very nice and it's already her last piece. I knew I had to get it. Maybe it was meant for me. (FYI: for a long time, I was the only one at the counter.)


According to YSL:
A triple-action primer that does it all; smoothes skin’s texture, brightens the complexion and delivers a flawless, matte finish for lasting makeup wear. The velvety formula is created with unique Spherical Micro-powders that help control oil, while radiance-boosting pigments hide imperfections and brighten shadowy areas. The result: porcelain-perfect skin with a comfortable matte look and feel that lasts all day. Foundation smoothes on evenly and effortlessly, and won’t fade by five. Perfect for touch-ups any time of day. For all skin types.
I'm really glad I got this primer because believe me, they know matt. Upon touching the formula, it turns into like a power texture. It's weird. I haven't had anything like it. The first time I applied it on my face, I was thinking, where did the product go? Because it's so smooth that it instantly dissolves on your face. At first, you wont notice that it's a matte primer because of the additional layers you'll put on like the foundation, concealer, blush, etc. However, after a few minutes, you'll see the difference - especially when all the layers are incorporated. It's like everything is smooth and no there is no sign of caking. I do have dry spots on my face but those become minimized. The make-up lasts longer too and the glow from a matt primer is amazing. Better than my BB cream. LOVE IT.

The product
Bare face
I also bought a lipstick from Guerlain - it's from the Kiss Kiss Strass line, 363 Rose de Reine.
As you can see, it's a crystal shine shimmering color. In short, it's glittery and sheer. There's just a hint of color. It's more like a gloss finish to me which I'm not really a fan of. I should have known better. Of course, I couldn't try the color because they didn't have a tester. :|

The packaging, however, is quite spectacular. The gold tube which looks like bricks has a very luxurious feel. One word - elegant.






The effect - it's like a shiny balm



What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. you're soooo beautiful :> well even without makeup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i know who you are hehehe :) thanksss :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The YSL primer is interesting. I'd like to try it too but I wonder if its ok on dry skin? the guerlain lipstick is very pretty too.Its like your lips but better! thanks for the review! ;) will check these two when I go to the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True. The lipstick has a shimmer and it's like a gloss.

    The primer probably will work on dry skin but you can always ask the SA just to be sure :)

    Thanks Charry :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guerlain lipsticks are very fashionable! :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete