Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco in Legende & Taffetas Rose

I've had these babies for a while but only found time to swatch them recently. These are both pinks, one light - for everyday use and the other one is bright - for those fancy night outs. Both are from the Rouge Coco line - just like my favorite Gabrielle.
  





The tubes are so luxurious! Agree? Agree!


Legende is a very light pink but not sheer. This lipstick is pigmented but very wearable. It doesn't should look at my lips but more like MLBB (my lips but better). You can play it up with eye make up but can also be worn alone. The only down side to this is it becomes a bit drying after a while and you have to re-apply every three hours or so which is actually normal for me. It has bits of glitter too.


I had to Photoshop the last photo because the camera isn't capturing the true color. It looks red but this is the best that I could do. Haha! It's a very bright pink with a hint of purple. It really pops! Believe me! If only it's not too drying. :|

These lipsticks are $28 each in Duty Free but definitely more expensive in stores. I came across one blog where she asked whether to buy something bright and bold or a more "usable" lipstick when buying from luxurious aka expensive brands. I think I got the best of both worlds and I am definitely not regretting my purchase!

What would you rather buy in an expensive cosmetics store, an everyday color or a bold one? Would love to hear your thoughts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment