Sunday, July 18, 2010

NYX Diamond Sparkle Lipsticks: Swatches

So I finally gave in to NYX lipsticks. What I can say about these lipsticks is that they really are very pigmented. I haven't really tried them alone because I always pair it up with something else because they really are too sparkly. The glitters are a bit too much for me because it usually goes to my chin of cheeks which is beyond annoying.

These are actually bought from the US and my auntie got them for me. I initially wanted some Round Lipsticks but then she got me these.
Skin swatches L-R: Sparkling Rust, Sparkling Chestnut, Sparkling Red
I love Sparkling Red the most because it's a bright pink color. This one I could use alone actually but the sparkles really hinders me from doing so. It's a nice pop of bright pink.
I'm not really a fan of this color (Sparkling Chestnut) because well it's too brown and it doesn't really do anything for me. You still have to pair it with eye make-up which I rarely do. I usually do cheeks and lips but rarely eye make-up because I have oily lids and I am usually just in school so no need really.
Sparkling Rust is good for a night lip. As you can see, the glitters are already going down my chin which is bad because it's actually hard to take those out.

I like:
  • Highly pigmented
  • Staying power is decent
  • Many color options
I don't like:
  • GLITTER
  • The glitter spreads like wildfire
  • I can't use it alone
So, no, I wouldn't purchase these again. Good thing these are free. Hehe.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment