Saturday, July 24, 2010

Movie Review: The Last Airbender

I got to watch the movie with my parents. My mom and I came in late for the movie because we shopped first. Too bad. I think we missed the important part of the movie where the granny was telling the kids the story of the Avatar.

Anyway, what I think of the movie is that there is not a lot to get from the movie. The actors were bad, super bad. Not enough emotion, it's like these kids are still "in training", especially the Avatar. It's obvious that he's been trained for this, even got his head shaved and all but there was still something lacking about him. Maybe experience? I don't really know. Even the water bender. I forgot her name but she wasn't that remarkable. It's a shame that this was made like a low budget film. The story is pretty nice but I wish it was made more classier and with better effects. It's obvious that the effects weren't as nice as Inception, Iron Man or all those fictional movies. Even Eclipse's wolves are better looking compared to the animal the Avatar rode on.

Cast: Noah Ringer as Aang (the Avatar), Dev Patel as the Fire Prince, Nicola Peltz as Katara, Twilight's Jackson Rathbone as Sokka.

Before I forget, I hope part 2 gets better. (Yes, there will probably be a part 2.)

There is actually one good thing that happened because of this movie. I'm now curious to watch the cartoon version. I really don't like cartoons, only those on television, since I'm a fan of animated films, but this might be the first one I end up liking.

Here are the posters and the official trailer:

2 comments:

  1. I refused to see this movie because of the cast. I just thought they could've done a much better job. At least you gave it a shot. Looking forward to your part 2 post :)


    xo, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right. I was really disappointed too because it seemed promising at first. Oh well. Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete